DTLS Landscape Architecture is growing, and we are looking to add to our team! If you’re interested, drop us a line!
Landscape Architect: <10 years
DTLS is a St. Louis-based landscape architecture and urban design firm focused on designing innovative, imaginative solutions for clients and stakeholders, helping to give form to their vision. Our purpose is straightforward: to make it better. We believe that in every undertaking, there is an opportunity to learn, grow and improve, to the benefit of our work, our clients, our communities. And while we can never make it perfect, we can always make it better.
DTLS is currently seeking one or more talented Landscape Architecture candidates to join our team. As an employee, DTLS will provide you with exposure to a wide variety of project types, including civic, institutional, corporate, health care, residential, and parks. You will be engaged in all phases of a project, from marketing to construction administration, and have the opportunity to observe and participate in the day-to-day operational aspects of a small business. We will require enthusiasm, passion, production and a desire to create meaningful places and experiences. We are particularly interested in candidates with the potential to enrich our firm’s diversity of thought, background, experience, and point of view.
Given the current state of the world, the majority of DTLS staff have taken to teleworking. We collaborate in a way that combines video conferences, in-person outdoor meetings and optional in-office meetings.. Familiarity with our company’s culture and a willingness to jump in, ask questions, and reach out frequently are a plus in this environment. Resilience is a word that has taken a prominent place in the lexicon of our work. We strive to design places that are able to adapt to our rapidly changing environmental, social, and economic conditions. This approach also applies to our team and our company.
Please send the following to email@example.com with:
- Portfolio/Work Sample PDF (under 10Mb)
- “DTLS Position” in the subject line
Attributes and Skills
- Creative and self-motivated individual with a great sense of design, curiosity, and purpose
- Excellent communication skills, including graphic, written and verbal proficiency
- Knowledge about and a willingness to advocate for sustainability, LEED, and SITES (preferred)
- Ability and desire to contribute to a team environment, whether remote or in-person
- Passion for public and community participation engagement and excitement for innovative application of engagement approaches
- Ability and willingness to jump into a variety of work challenges and opportunities
- Approach to tasks with considered study, accuracy and intense vigor
- Possess hand sketching and digital drafting skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/LandFX
- Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in G-Suite: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Chat and Sites
- Proficiency in 3D modeling and/or animation software such as SketchUp and Lumion
- Proficiency in Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign graphic software
- ArcGIS knowledge is desirable
- Graduate from an accredited landscape architecture program
- Alternately: Passion for and deep understanding of the profession of Landscape Architecture, allied fields, and/or the communities in which we work
- Previous employment in a landscape architecture firm (preferred)
- Current or planned residence in the St. Louis area – Timeline negotiable for out-of-state applicants.
The position would commence on or about January, 2021.
Compensation commensurate with experience and position. Healthcare and benefits.
Travel Required: Locally, on a project-by-project basis
DTLS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.