Merriman Anderson Associates
Glasper Professional Services
Kwame Building Group
The Jefferson Arms opened for the World’s Fair in 1904
The hotel has hosted two Democratic National Conventions
First opened as a hotel in 1904, the massive 500,000 sf Jefferson Arms occupies a critical location in downtown St. Louis at the corner of Tucker and Locust. The 13-story building is being redeveloped with a mixture of uses consisting of hotel, residential, office and retail spaces. Tenants will include a European furniture maker, a French bistro, a classic American diner and a motorcycle-themed cafe. Supporting these spaces, an energetic sidewalk and streetscape will greet visitors and downtown pedestrians.
The streetscape design highlights the architectural character of the building while introducing contemporary function and aesthetic to the street with new lighting, pavement, street trees, planters, and furnishings.
With a lower level extending to the curb, special consideration has been paid to incorporating street trees on a block that previously had none. DTLS worked closely with the team’s structural engineer to achieve a solution supporting healthy trees without limiting parking in the space below.